This page describes the Routing Policy for AS4242421080.
- Prefer routes from direct peers (local_pref = 500)
- Prefer routes with shortest AS path
- When AS paths length ties, prefer the route with the lowest latency to neighbour. Note:
- In North America, peers with latency < 25ms are considered equal
- In Europe, peers with latency < 15ms are considered equal
- This adds to network diversity, as not all nodes are geographically close to a lot of peers.
- When latency is tied, prefer the first received route (RFC 5004)
dn42 BGP Communities are supported, as described at https://dn42.net/howto/Bird-communities
Note: all my nodes are marked as >=100Mbps in terms of bandwidth, as capacity varies and I cannot guarantee anything higher. (Plus, not all my providers post a specific number anyways...)
ROA (Route Origin Authorization)
Strict ROA checking is enabled - routes must be ROA_VALID in order to be accepted.